DEEP BREATHING – A coping skill for fearful and anxious times
A campaign led by community advocates to provide 24/7 alternatives to shelter for all unsheltered people in Waterloo Region.
You can send a quick letter to councils and councilors in your municipality and make sure we vote for immediate, mid-term, and long-term housing for our homeless neighbours, family and friends.
This settlement is “A Better Tent City” because:
- there is a willing landlord
- there are garbage and recycling bins
- there are kitchen facilities
- the community is being set up according to CDC guidelines
- there are currently 12 insulated cabins
- the space has access to washrooms and an indoor warming space
- this is a safe and caring place…
You can donate food and other necessary items,
you can donate online, cash or check.
Members of the East African Coalition of Waterloo Region,
Peace For All Canada, African Women Alliance and the CIVIC HUB are appealing to you to volunteer two to four hours a week and provide after school homework support for children in grades 1-12. The projects will start on September 21/2020. We will start the homework support from the Civic Hub with all the necessary precautions for the children, families and our volunteers.